Monday, November 14, 2005

 

"Not Too Blue To Fly" Owls' November Mix CD


Everyone should receive their November Mix CD this week. The CD is titled, "Not Too Blue To Fly." Here is the track listing:

1. "Our Time" Imperial Teen
2. "Alone Again Or" Calexico
3. "The Littlest Birds" The Be Good Tanyas
4. "Berekere" Geraldo Azevedo
5. "Perpetuum Mobile" The Penguin Cafe Orchestra
6. "Look For Me (I'll Be Around)" Neko Case
7. "Aguas de Marco (Waters of March)" Rosa Passos
8. "My Girlfriend's Boyfriend" Her Space Holiday
9. "Queen Bee" Taj Mahal, Toumani Diabate
10. "Shiver" Giant Sand
11. "Long Hot Night" John Coinman
12. "Corcovado (Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars)" Jobim, Gilberto, Getz
13. "Je Voudrais Me Rappeler" ABBC
14. "Abantwana Basethempeleni" Ladysmith Black Mambazo
15. "For a Large and Changing Room" Laurie Anderson
16. "Si Tu Disais" Calexico
17. "O Namorado Da Viuva" Jorge Ben
18. "Crystal Frontier [Widescreen Version]" Calexico
19. "The El Burro Song" Los Super Seven
20. "On Fire" Tropijazz All-Stars
21. "The Simpson End Credits Theme [Afro-Cuban Version]" Tito Puente and His Latin Ensemble

I had a lot of fun putting this CD together and I hope that you enjoy listening to it. I also look forward to your opinions (good and bad) and the chance to answer any questions.


Jim

Comments:
Hi,

Just visiting from the Gideon's 13 CD club. We have a link on our site so we can see what is happening with the other CD mix clubs. So far it looks like you have some really interesting mix albums coming out.

I have noted some interesting similarities. Our club and yours got had a Johnny Cash track on the October CD. Last month, we had "Alone Again Or" by Calexico and you have it this month. I have already burned my mix (not yet released) and it has a Ladysmith Black Mambazo track and does your mix this month, although it is not the same song. Both clubs have a number of songs by unusual and lesser known groups. This CD exchange idea is really cool and the creativity in planning a mix is quite inspiring. If you get a chance, check out our site since it is sort of a sister site to yours, beginning at the same time, inspired by the same source!
 
Calexico is one of my favorite groups. I first started to listen to them about 5 or 6 years ago when I lived in the Chicago area. Three years ago, the stars aligned and I moved to Tucson. Because Calexico is based here, I have been able to see them at all sorts of venues playing all sorts of styles.

It was quite fun to be able to introduce some new artists and new sounds to others in the group and I look forward to being exposed to different sounds by the other members.

I did take a look at the Gideon's 13 CD Club track listings and will seek out samples of the songs I don't know on iTunes or Amazon.

Jim
 
Hi Jim.
received the cd on friday, listened on Sunday. well thought through, interesting mix. Again, I could not resource anything from my digital collection, though I have a copy of "United States Live" on vinyl (it was alleged to have been the only promo given out upon release). Have not gone about the soundcard gyrations to input my vinyl onto digital, so there will be a constricture on my compilation.
Appreciate the time you spent considering what probably was a pretty busy month for you, some really interesting tunes. c ya...gabriel
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?